Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

The Worst Car Accident I've Ever Seen

My last post was a while ago - June 23, 2010. I posted in the morning. That afternoon, I drove my son to his girlfriend's house. On the way home, I witnessed the worst car accident I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I witnessed it from behind the wheel of one of the two cars involved.

I've been planning to write about my accident for a long time, but I've put it off for several reasons. One is, I've been busy. I've been hospitalized twice since June 23, and the second time was for extensive surgery to my severely broken right leg. Another reason is, quite honestly, it's been very difficult for me to wrap my mind around what happened and talk about it with a sufficiently detached attitude.

I'm pretty sure I'm finally to that point now. I plan to post about my wreck over the next few days. There's a lot to say about it. But before I say anything in words, I thought I'd start out with pictures. I don't think that what I have to say about what happened will mean anything without the visual understanding of how serious this accident really was.

To help you understand these photos, they were taken at the auto body yard after the accident. In a few shots, you can see a blond head (my son) sitting in the car. He's behind the wheel in those shots, so you'll have a better idea of where I was when the accident happened.

Also, it's important that I clarify that I was cut from the car. The roof was cut so that I could be pulled straight up and out. In most of these photos, there are random pieces of car body just thrown on top of the car that are nearly impossible to recognize. I assume they are pieces that were cut away.

Okay - here are the pictures.






I know; I can't believe it either.

I hope to write more about the accident and how it changed me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment